Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson

FYI: Someone gave us a $100 Visa Gift Card to Give Away

We are going to be running a contest where every post that a member makes in the forum between now and midnight (CST) on the 16th of October gets them an entry for a chance to win the $100 Visa Gift Card.

Basically, you post 5 times this week, you have 5 entries. you start a new thread and posts 9 times, you have 10 entries.

We will randomly choose a post / thread from the total of all made between now and midnight on the 16th of Oct and contact the winner to obtain a mailing address to send out the card.

I will post more info tonight, but wanted to get that out there so people did not miss it.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    this is awsome, i always tell people who show me appreciation just how much it means to us.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1993 to 2002

Near:
    Hanscom AFB
    Alright, I'm going to post a message so I am in the running for the Visa card.
    If I were to win, I would use the card to buy coffee and donuts for the vets at the Holyoke Soldiers home.
    So here's hopin'.

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    If I were to win, I would use the card to buy coffee and donuts for the vets at the Holyoke Soldiers home.
    So here's hopin'.
    Good luck. I sent an email to everyone last night to give everyone a chance to enter. They get an entry each time they post. The more posts they do, the more chances they have. I tried to figure it out this morning and if the contest ended now, with the one post you just did, the chances of winning are 1 in 18. It will be interesting to see what the odds of winning are come next Saturday when the contest ends.

while 100 bucks is not enough to retire on, it could buy a decent amount of coffee and donuts. Good luck.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    ummmmm coffeeeee, douuuughnuuuts.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Junior Member  The First 100

Branch
    Air National Guard
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2010

Near:
    Wright-Patterson AFB
    Cool, Its nice that people seem to appreciate us. I remember times when people didn't so much as say hello to people in uniform. Guess it depended on where you were stationed

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by semccane View Post
    Cool, Its nice that people seem to appreciate us. I remember times when people didn't so much as say hello to people in uniform. Guess it depended on where you were stationed
    Well, here is basically how it went.

We were out for the day grabbing a bite to eat at a local restaurant. We saw a guy by his bike and we walked over and just asked a few questions. We got to talking, brought up the Military Bikers site and he said to wait there and he would be right back. He came out, handed us a bag and said something like "God Bless you and your family" and then told us to use what was in the bag towards the site. It was a $100 Visa Gift Card. He took off. If he signs up here, I hope he will contact us so we can thank him, but he seemed like the kind of person that did not need a "thanks" for stuff he does. Very good guy and maybe we will bump into each other again.

Junior Member  The First 100 Foam Fan's Avatar

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1984 to Present

Near:
    The Pentagon
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    So here's hopin'.
    Great idea, el Guapo! I am embarrassed to admit it but I got the email and my first thought was putting the $100 toward a new helmet. Tell you what, if I win, I'll split the prize with you!

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    it is good idea, i think i would donate it to citizen soldiers, they help homeless vets.

Dino

Junior Member  The First 100

Status
    I Served
    Served
    1992 to 1995

Near:
    Wright-Patterson AFB
    It is good to see someone trying to help another person make a difference.