Close
    Junior Member  The First 100 BikerX's Avatar

Status
    I Served
    Served
    1996 to 2000

Can you really save money by calling around to different dealers?

From what I have seen, the prices for an HD seems to be pretty much the same everywhere I look. Is it worth it to call around and check on the prices or just a waste of time?

I have heard that locations such as Barnett Harley Davidson move a lot of product, but I don't know if it would be worth the shipping to get the bike to me.

Anyway, just checking to see what people think. I don't want to waste my time if it is not worth it.

Member  The First 100

Branch
    Vendor
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    2003 to Present

Near:
    Minot AFB
    If the real question is where to get quality HD parts or bikes at used prices. Looking around is the way to go, check out craigslist or eBay. Also, some citys like here in Phoenix AZ where I am they have used dealers like AZ TOY STORE, you can buy a HD at wholesale prices.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1982 to 1988

Near:
    Eglin AFB
    Absolutely. I looked locally then traveled about 100 miles to the west coast of Florida where I found the bike I currently own. Saved over $3K. Not to mention the one I purchased came with a few upgrades that the one I was looking at locally did not have. You can definately save some bucks.
    Juan C Fernandez
    USAF 1982 - 1988
    Hooyah

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    I have been to Barnett when I was down at Fort Bliss for a little bit. They have a huge selection, and it looked like even more stock out back. I think they told us that they were the location with the highest sales, only to be topped by AAFES New Car Sales. That place was HUGE and they had an awesome staff. They gave us a tour of the place and let us walk around the shop area and check out some of the Vintage HD they were working on to show off on the sales floor. I picked up a shirt while I was there.....but cannot remember where I put it.

Junior Member  The First 100

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Charleston AFB
    If you are looking for parts go to http://www.zanottimotor.com/ their parts are always 20% off the prices you find at the dealer...but don't forget there is a shipping cost...sometimes it's about the same as buying it at the dealer...one good thing is they ship to APO addresses...
    Ride Safe
    Rob