Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member  The First 100

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Lightbulb considering startin a new vet based m/c in central indiana

considering startin a new vet based m/c in central indiana. seperate from patriot riders, american legion or vfw clubs... aimed at grabbing younger vets while definitely still welcoming our retired brothers with open arms.... also will be open to all bikes 600cc and larger... i ride a 76 ironhead hd bobber so its definitely not a street bike thing but they are definitely welcome... open to ideas and suggestions please reply if interested.
    SFC HEP
    indianapolis infidels m/c (possibly)
    prez. (possibly)

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    sounds good to me, louisville is not too far away, would be interested. i spend a lot of time in central IN at camp atterbury training units going over seas. our HQ is moving there in Sep 2011
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    That is a sweet bike.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    I agree sweet bike, not a fan of ape hangers but the rest of it I like a lot.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Not sure how it is in your area, but I was told that in my area at least, there is some protocol involved with starting a motorcycle club. I guess you have to get "permission" from the senior club in the area or something like that. I am not sure, I am pretty new to the bike world and have been trying to soak everything in.

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

thanks about the bike guys, im not too positive about the ape hangers quite yet either. still deciding. louisville is fine by me as well. i was thinking about how to break it down into different locations as well. also thinking about having the dues paid to the club pay for vfw membership fees, and linking in with the patriot riders and all. i really want this to be about supporting vets not just us running amok startin shit. (but thats not all bad either) just lookin to get like minds together go on a ride and talk about it all at a decent bar. we're also gonna need recruiters out on the street to pickup more ppl. because obviously not too many ppl look on this site too often. just get at me with ideas and we'll bounce them off each other til we form this bad boy into somethin sick. btw thinkin about the pic for the logo soldier on bike with m-4/203 combo in left hand pointing forward and right hand on the throttle. but the soldier should be a skeleton or somethin. just a quick thought.

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

yeah its definitely somethin we'll need to look into.

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Found this online. I know there has to be someone here that can provide better info, but this pretty much summed up everything I have heard.

"Starting a club is considered an insult to the existing clubs. There is a heirarchy of clubs, it starts with the dominate 1% club in the area, then the rest of the 1% clubs in the area, then the regular 99% MC clubs, then you have rideing clubs and associations, last you have groups. You need to do some research and understand the ettiqute of the biker community. If you want to start a club you need to be sure there is no existing club with the same goals as you have for yours. The first thing to do is to get your initial members together, and find out who the dominate club is in your area. They may have an orginazation to handle the lesser clubs. You also need to get game plan together and fiquare out what kind of club you plan to have and why you feel it is needed in your area. Then you need to contact the dominate club or the council that over see's area clubs and request a meeting. Be respectful, and if things don't work out that may be the end of it or you maybe able to hange things to work things out. But you can not force the issue. You are dealing with peolpe who put their club first and live to be a biker, its not something most people understand. It also holds true for joining new clubs, they may not have gone about it the right way and could ba a target for 1% or even dominate clubs. so do you research. The best thing o do is get out there and meet people, networking can get you far in this comunity."

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

koh, great job researching but im with dennis here (reposted on the bottom) fuck em if they aint us! we don't want to intentionally create enemies, but im not looking for brothers, fathers or bosses either. we can say hey how ya doin to em, or oh hey btw. but im not asking do you mind. i have plenty of friends who have spent numerous years in the 1%'er community and i've figured out this, if you go to their fridge and take a beer, he might get upset he might not. but if you ask for it, you're not gonna get it. you're looked at as weak and easily controlled, not polite or respectful as most of us have been raised to be. so im sayin a heads up is all they get. they say there will be problems, we decide from there. but fuck if im gonna be kept from rockin my mmc patch and colors with my kia/wia and pow/mia patches cuz they dont pay taxes and own a few hookers or somethin... but still on that note we need more than 3 regular members before we need to even consider anything. end of this month ill be in indy, we can get together and decide on a place to meet/converse and throw a few back. (btw just a heads up im not a heavy drinker in anyway, since i got blew up my second deployment i black out easily and tend toward violence so i avoid anything beyond 2 or 3... sounds kinda wierd but its just a heads up)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisleber View Post
    Koh,
    and al,
    l i have been in the motorcycle community for 16 years. i know all about the protocol for starting clubs. you are abosultly right, to keep peace you need to approach the main 1% club and let them know your intentions. i only have one problem, i am not a 1%er nor have the urge to be one. when you ask permission from them you have just given them power over you. I like the rest of our vet brothers and sisters have fought and some given their lives to support and protect our freedoms. i have a problem with some other group, that are criminals, trying to tell me where i can ride, who i can ride with and what i can wear when i ride. i believe we as patriots and vets should start a military motorcycle club MMC association and put the other bullshit aside and stand on our own, there are a lot more of us vets than the others. if we approach them tell them what we are doing and let them know, by no means we want to tresspass on them or their activities there should be no problem. there is also laws which protect groups here is the one posted by the combat vets motorcycle association:
    DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF CLOTHING OR CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS ILLEGAL
    Any person whose exercise or enjoyment of rights secured by the Constitution or laws of the United States has been interfered with, or attempted to be interfered with may institute and prosecute a civil action for injunctive and other appropriate equitable relief including the award of compensatory monetary damages. The Supreme Court ruled in the case of Cohen vs. California, 403 U.S.15 (1971) that individuals have the constitutional right under the First Amendment to wear clothing which displays writings or designs. In addition, the right of an individual to freedom of association has long been recognized and protected by the United States Supreme Court. Thus, a person's right to wear the clothing of his choice, as well as his right to belong to any club or organization of his choice is constitutionally protected, and persons or establishments who discriminate on the basis of clothing or club memberships are subject to lawsuit.
    so i think done correctly without giving up my freedoms that i fight for, and not kissing ass this could be accomplished. anyone else got thoughts?