Army National Guard
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1970 to Present

Near:
    Hanscom AFB

Memorial Day

Well, its that time a year where we all need to take a moment and remember those who gave all in the past wars and those brothers and sisters that we have lost in Iraq and Afganhistan. We as veterans know the importance of Memorial Day, and as bad as we think we have it somedays, we need to just drive on and make it a better day for us and for them. Its one way we can honor them. For those of you that have served and still serve I would like to just say thank you to all of you. Also a special thanks to our families. We couldn't do what we have done and do if it wasn't for them standing behind us.

You all have a great holiday weekend and be safe in whatever you do. I hit the road in the morning and head for DC with Rolling Thunder and then Arlington on Monday.

Ya all drive safe and keep the sunny side up

Madtanker

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    Amen, Madtanker. Have a safe ride out that way. We set out flags at tha' town cemetery yesterday and will hold a short service on Monday at tha' VFW. It's important that we "tell tha' tale" and keep tha' memories of our fallen alive. Too many folks have forgotten and/or tired of wavin' tha' flag (especially since ol' Osama got tha' double tap). Evil exists and its up to good men and women to stand against it. May God bless our departed this Memorial Day, 2011. Respects
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

http://www.squirtsbikerpage.com Squirts' Biker Page

Places I've ridden... Blackcloud's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1981 to 2001

Near:
    Redstone Arsenal
    What is Memorial Day?? For most, it is simply 3 days off work. For others, it's a lot of savings at stores nationwide. But for most of US, it's a day to remember our fallen troops that have fought in battles WORLDWIDE. If you post this, its because you know someone who serves, who was lost in battle, or you just understand that freedom is not free!!! Please repost to honor our military.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1982 to 1988

Near:
    Eglin AFB
    A happy memorial day to all. By the way the movie" taking Chance
    Will be on HBO tonight. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. It's
    a reminder of why we celebrate courage, honor and dedication. Especially for those not able to be there with us.

Hooyah to all my brothers and sisters this day
    Juan C Fernandez
    USAF 1982 - 1988
    Hooyah