Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson

Anyone pretty good with Facebook?

I really don't know my way around facebook, but how do we link to other club pages from our page on facebook?

How do we get our page to like other pages? Or is that not possible and only people pages on facebook can like other pages?

Thanks.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    should be able to just hit like button once logged in.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Thanks. I have a personal facebook account, but we have a page set up for this site. If I hit like when logged in, it adds the "like" to my personal account. That is not a bad thing, but I would rather have it on the site's page and not just my personal one. I will have to play around with it.

i just checked and we have 117 likes for the page on facebook. That is great.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Yeah good deal, yeah you are right it will do your profile. The page for this site was created under your personal account so it all falls under you. what you can do is on the military biker page paste the web address in status update and it will show up that way.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisleber View Post
    Yeah good deal, yeah you are right it will do your profile. The page for this site was created under your personal account so it all falls under you. what you can do is on the military biker page paste the web address in status update and it will show up that way.
    facebook is weird in that it requires you to have a personal account to gain access to developer tools such as the stuff to be able to integrate facebook logins with this site. They will not let you sign up a website as an account, it has to be a real person. All the website and business pages for companies like pepsi and verizon would have been started by someone with a personal account.

I try to post to the wall when stuff happens such as some clubs emailing me saying "hey, that is a great idea, we want to link to you". I want others to know who supports us.

Again, Thanks for the info.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    for sure brother, i will keep digging and see if i can come up something that will work

Dino