Close

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Near:
    Hickam AFB

When is the Air Force, Army , and Navy going to fallow the Marine Corp?

Should be "follow" not fallow.

OK, so the Marine Corp finally got smart and dropped the "Bright Colored" and Reflective Property (at least for the day) requirement. The thought process is they would rather have their Marines wearing true protective clothing, such as leather jackets, than a bright colored long sleeve shirt or that stupid orange reflective vest everyone likes to throw on. The rest of the services need to follow suit. Nothing replaces leathers as the best protective gear out there (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Duke; 01-22-2011 at 21:25.

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Should be "follow" not fallow.

OK, so the Marine Corp finally got smart and dropped the "Bright Colored" and Reflective Property (at least for the day) requirement. The thought process is they would rather have their Marines wearing true protective clothing, such as leather jackets, than a bright colored long sleeve shirt or that stupid orange reflective vest everyone likes to throw on. The rest of the services need to follow suit. Nothing replaces leathers as the best protective gear out there (in my opinion).
    When did the change happen? I had the USMC Safety folks check the page reference the USMC PPE Policy a few months ago and they did not see any major issues with it.

http://www.motorcycleppe.com/marinecorps.htm

Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Near:
    Hickam AFB
    It was changed in May of 09 by the The Twenty-First Executive Saftey Board eleminated the requirement. Check out the attached website. It can be found in Section 4. A. paragraph 2. And I stand corrected...they eleminated the reflective requirment all together.

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages...IN0364-09.aspx
    Last edited by Duke; 01-22-2011 at 22:25.
    Duke

Brotherhood of Warriors VMC
    Hawaii Representative
    WFFW
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Thanks. That sucks. They even looked at the page and said they would provide me updates if needed. Thanks for the updated info.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Marines lead the way!!!
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Near:
    Nellis AFB
    I don't see this taking place with the Army or Air Force until the retarded reflective belt requirement during PT is removed. Not sure about the Air Force, I spend all of my career on Army posts, but why is there a need for reflective belts when half the post is closed off for PT?
    V/r
    Jason