Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox

Your road name

There is usually a good story behind a road name, what is yours?

My road name sadly has no story, it is Dino, and it is simply the nickname my wife calls me. A better story is my real name spelled backwards, Dennis Leber is Sinned Rebel.

So what is your road name and the great story behind it? One guy who rides is OOG, he got that because it stands for Out Of Gas.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    "Dino" is a better road name than bein' named after a cat's dookie, let me tell ya'! =) I got my road name, "Squirts" about 16 years ago from a group of so-called "friends" (remember, "friends" is a relative term here) =)
    The wife and I decided we wanted a dog, so we headed to the local animal shelter to check things out. We didn't find a dog, but a little fuzzball of a kitten caught our attention. Before you can adopt, you have to meet with some sort of "animal therapist" to see if you're a good fit for the critter. As we yabbered with the lady, the kitten sauntered over to the corner of the room, squatted, and took a big hairy dump on the floor. The kitten had bad diarrhea, to which the therapist replied that "Ocean Whitefish canned cat food gives kittens the squirts", and she was going to have to yell at somebody for feeding it to the kitten. So, we adopted the kitten and decided to name him "Squirts". We're real "deep" like that here in the cornfields of Illinois.
    A year or so later I was at a bar with my friends (see definition of friends, above), and we got to talkin' about our critters. Of course, I had to tell how my cat got its name. One of my "FRIENDS" piped up after the story and exclaimed, "Well, Hell! I'm gonna' call YOU Squirts from now on, because you always ride shitty bikes!". I couldn't really argue the "riding shitty bikes" part as all of my bikes, whether they're Harley or Rice are all pretty shitty lookin' (Never been a big fan of the "all show/ no go" concept). At first, "Squirts" bothered me... I mean, who wants to be named after cat shit? But, after some time I came to accept the name and since it was given to me by my "friends" I decided to embrace it. I CAN say, however, that RARELY do I go anywhere on the net or in real life where I find another "Squirts" =)
    My cat is still around and at about 17 years old, I (and he) are happy whether he pinches out a "firmy" or squats 'n squirts. At his age, and given my personal history, it's a wonder we're both still squirtin' along.... Now, are ya' sorry you asked? =) Respects, Tom (a.k.a. "Squirts")
    Last edited by Tom Clark; 12-05-2010 at 13:10. Reason: kant spel =)
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

http://www.squirtsbikerpage.com Squirts' Biker Page

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    LOL squirts that is one hella story, wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Senior Member  The First 100 S.E.R.E.'s Avatar

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1988

Near:
    Camp Pendleton
    Squirts...very funny.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    How bout you S.E.R.E., whats that stand for?

Dino

Member  The First 100

Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1970 to 2000

Near:
    Fort Lewis
    "Fried Rice"...thats my freakin name!....a few yrs ago we were in Long Beach Washington doing the Loyalty Days Parade...I used to ride a goldwing and everyone else rode HD's. Long story short. I HATE CLOWNS...some of the guys told a few of the clowns walking around this and they had a fun time walking close to me...eventually I let my vest fall open and they saw the 9mm under my arm..they kind of got the message and left me alone after some of the guys said something to them to the effect they he tends to shooy first and talks later. well, while I was being harassed by the clowns, some of the guys went across the street to a chinese joint and got some raw rice...when I can back, it was laying all around my bike...everyone said my bike was leaking...haha...bitches!...well, when I started up the bike to join the parade, Rice came flying out the tail pipes!...they threw the stuff up my exhaust!...funny stuff!...for weeks that stuff came flying out!...sonsofbitches!......but It was fun...still called that to this day....but you have to earn the right to call me that..not just anyone...

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    good story

Dino

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    That was a good 'un, PD.. =) Like you, most of the guys I ride with ride HD. I've owned a few Harleys from time to time but always end up goin' back to tha' Goldwing. I use to get a fair amount of shit for ridin' rice but I got some payback when my old wing rolled over 200,000 miles and I passed out rice cakes and pork rinds at tha' meeting, It's all good. =)
    Last edited by Tom Clark; 02-01-2011 at 15:19.
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1970 to Present

Near:
    Hanscom AFB
    I'm gonna have to remember that one Tom. The rice cakes and pork rinds I like it. I catch a lotta flak bout riding a Honda. Most of my Rolling Thunder Chapter ride Harley's. Course, on my first ride to the wall, when one of them broke down and $1000.00 later we finally made it. When the sh_t gets deep at our meetings, I always remind them about that. And now the fact that Harley parts are gonna be made in India just gives me more ammo. Its okay tho, all in good fun.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    I'm with ya' Madtanker... Regardless of who ya' ride with or what ya' ride on, IT'S ALL THA' SAME WIND and gettin' wind is what's important. =) Respects 'n take care out there. =) Tom
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<