Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1982 to 1988

Near:
    Eglin AFB

What does being a veteran signify or mean to you?

As verteran's day approaches I often wonder what being a veteran means to us. For me it's about having been a part of a "brotherhood" which in reality you never stop being a part of; it's also about having been able to stand for something that many throughout the world no nothing about, Freedom, Democracy and domestic tranquility.

Chime in

Hooyah
    Juan C Fernandez
    USAF 1982 - 1988
    Hooyah

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    well said
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1970 to Present

Near:
    Hanscom AFB
    I agree with Juan. Its great to be part of the Brotherhood/sisterhood. Its like no other family, and once you join it, you be a member for life. The other thing is, after fighting for freedon, democracy, and the american way of life, I can look at my children and grandchildren and know that yes, we help make the world a little safer and even tho the cost is high, its worth it and I would gladly do it again.

To all out there who have served and still serve, thank you for your service.

Just my thoughts.