Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson

The Army's new Physical Readiness Training Program (PRT)

I hate it. And to make things worse, the APFT will be changing from 2 mile run, push ups and sit ups to something a lot different. 5 more years and I can drop my retirement packet.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    Sarge, I would imagine "MY" Army was a lot different than the Army you are currently serving. I am surprised that the APFT has stayed the same for such a long time. Then again, if'n it's not broke... Any specs on what the new APFT entails? (so I can read it while my back and hips are killin' me) =) Respects and take care out there. ~Squirts
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

http://www.squirtsbikerpage.com Squirts' Biker Page

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clark View Post
    Sarge, I would imagine "MY" Army was a lot different than the Army you are currently serving. I am surprised that the APFT has stayed the same for such a long time. Then again, if'n it's not broke... Any specs on what the new APFT entails? (so I can read it while my back and hips are killin' me) =) Respects and take care out there. ~Squirts
    Here is a link to an online version of the new PT program.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32717729/T...ing-March-2010

I have not seen anything in writing about the new PT test, but I heard the two mile run was dropped for a one mile run. Basically, you will have to push harder to run as fast as you can for one mile straight. I heard two minutes of pushups was dropped to one minute and I don;t know what the standards will be. I also heard they will add pull-ups, some kind of shuttle run/sprint event and another event which I cannot remember.

I favor the pu/su/run. It is very easy to prep for. The new pt program is a lot of "building your core". Supposedly, you cannot prepare specifically for the new PT test. You have to have a strong core and continue to do the full body work outs. They say if you do the PT as outlined in the new TC (which replaced the FM), you will pass the pt test.

Who knows..

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    I agree there is need for a change, have not given a lot of thought of what it should be but definitaly agree with changing it. The Marines have alread done this, they do two PT test a year like us but it changes between the standard run, pull up, crunches to the new combat one. here is link with info on new test for them.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/a/cft.htm
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino