Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson

WikiLeaks

How the hell do they get away with doing this? If any servicemember did this we would be taken out back and shot.

From their site...

At 5pm EST Friday 22nd October 2010 WikiLeaks released the largest classified military leak in history. The 391,832 reports ('The Iraq War Logs'), document the war and occupation in Iraq, from 1st January 2004 to 31st December 2009 (except for the months of May 2004 and March 2009) as told by soldiers in the United States Army. Each is a 'SIGACT' or Significant Action in the war. They detail events as seen and heard by the US military troops on the ground in Iraq and are the first real glimpse into the secret history of the war that the United States government has been privy to throughout.

The reports detail 109,032 deaths in Iraq, comprised of 66,081 'civilians'; 23,984 'enemy' (those labeled as insurgents); 15,196 'host nation' (Iraqi government forces) and 3,771 'friendly' (coalition forces). The majority of the deaths (66,000, over 60%) of these are civilian deaths.That is 31 civilians dying every day during the six year period. For comparison, the 'Afghan War Diaries', previously released by WikiLeaks, covering the same period, detail the deaths of some 20,000 people. Iraq during the same period, was five times as lethal with equivallent population size.

Senior Member  The First 100 S.E.R.E.'s Avatar

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1988

Near:
    Camp Pendleton

USAF

"The Report" doesn't say who killed the civilians? I browsed it at http://warlogs.owni.fr/report-id/288982/ and could not find anything against our military? So far, it seems very cut and dried field reports that detail the day to day actions.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    A traitor is a traitor, take out back and shoot them like a traitor should be. we took a oath to protect against enemies forgien and domestic action by our government needs to be taken.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisleber View Post
    A traitor is a traitor, take out back and shoot them like a traitor should be. we took a oath to protect against enemies forgien and domestic action by our government needs to be taken.
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they think this was leaked by Bradley Manning. I am not positive though. What really gets under my skin is that this guy, if he is guilty of leaking the docs, has possibly put a lot of lives at risk and some knuckleheads had the guts to set up a "support network" for this asshat. http://www.bradleymanning.org/