Air Force
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1988

Near:
    Camp Pendleton

USAF The War Effort 21 Oct 2010

The Defense Department announced the death of two more Camp Pendleton Marines bringing the total to 13 from Camp Pendleton this month.

SSgt Joshua J Cullins, 28 KIA
    LCpl Francisco R. Jackson KIA

Both assigned to the 1st Marine Division. The last two weeks are the deadliest 14 day period since the invasions of Afghanistan in 2001 and Iraq two years later.

The Obama administration has pushed up its pressure to achieve some kind of a victory before the elections in November.

The marines are conducting broader sweeps while the anti-government Taliban are stepping up their attacks before the country freezes over.

Currently the Pentagon estimates that 1500+ road side bombs are being planted each month.

Base officials deny that any large scale memorial service is being planned. Small memorials are made in-country.

Overall, US and NATO troop death toll this year is at 597 of that number 397 are U.S. service members.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Damn, hope these warriors are never forgotten. I started my military career in the marines at camp pendelton.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    RIP Marines.

Pendleton is getting hit pretty hard. I hope the Pendleton Community and families are getting all the support they need.

Senior Member  The First 100 S.E.R.E.'s Avatar

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1988

Near:
    Camp Pendleton

USAF

There is an extensive out-reach program here for the Wounded Warriors and there is a super support system in place for to-be dislocated families. I live just outside the main gate at the harbor and almost nightly we hear the artillery, simulated bombs, etc. that the training necessitates. A grim reminder of our commitment to succeed.