Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    another update, went to a USMVMC and got a lot of the questions i had answered, i have decided to start my journey with them, will keep updates coming.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisleber View Post
    another update, went to a USMVMC and got a lot of the questions i had answered, i have decided to start my journey with them, will keep updates coming.
    I wonder if they have anything going in Central Texas? It would be nice to be a part of an organized group.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    i am pretty sure they do, check their site they have chapter links on there

http://www.usmvmc.org/chapter_links.htm
    Last edited by dennisleber; 11-05-2010 at 20:50.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisleber View Post
    i am pretty sure they do, check their site they have chapter links on there

http://www.usmvmc.org/chapter_links.htm
    Thanks. I found on in Austin and they had contact info for someone in the Fort Hood area. I will check them out. Thanks for the help.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1993 to 2002

Near:
    Hanscom AFB
    Joining a MC is a big commitment. Maybe you need some time getting familiar with yourself and where you fit in to the motorcycle world.
    Either way there should be no rush into any club or association you may be considering.
    Whatever you are looking for you'll find it in time it'll be right and it will be worth the time it takes to figure all this out.
    It can be a mad, mad world out there on two wheels.

[This is a reply to post #10 on page 1 - I didn't see there was a whole other page of posts and progress when I replied. So take it for waht it's worth.]
    Last edited by El Guapo; 11-13-2010 at 18:30.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    Agreed, ElGuapo. Wasn't gonna' throw my 2 penny's worth in but, what tha' hey... Joinin' a 3 piece MC, even if'n it's a VMC is a commitment and entails club politics (and Intraclub politics with other VMC, MC and 1%ers). I've been ridin' for not quite 30yrs in the Midwest and have seen my share of poopoo go down.
    DISCLAIMER: I normally would not write specific club names, but I see this as an opportunity to educate, so if'n anybody has a problem with what I type, please understand that no disrespect is intended.

For those not in tha' "know", all areas are claimed by a 1%er "Dom" (or Dominate MC). Where I live, St. Louis and west of the Muddy is El Forastero MC to Kansas (split with Galloping Goose MC), while east of tha' Muddy, southern IL is considered Hells Angels MC. Tha' Angels are bein' challenged by the Outlaws MC in this area so there's a bunch of "intensity" swirlin' around right now and some 3 piece clubs down south are patchin' over to tha' Outlaws MC. A "showdown" may be in the works which could splash over into the "regular" MC world.

Now, if'n you think ridin' with a VETERANS MC will somehow exempt you from all of tha' drama, you may find yourself mistaken. Locally, the dominant Veterans MC is tha' Vietnam Vets MC. It's a small chapter of pretty good guys, but they have voted to be a "dinosaur" club which means once their numbers are depleted, they will shutter tha' chapter (instead of openin' up a "Legacy Vets MC" chapter as some VVMC chapters have done). Knowin' that this chapter is "closed" to non-Vietnam Vets, a few yrs ago I looked into starting a chapter of a national VMC. Tha' first thing I did was contact the VVMC and get their "blessing" for tha' IDEA (NO movement beyond that). Tha' second step would have been track down tha' 81 (Rockford, IL) and get their blessing (Normally, you would talk to tha' Dom first, but i know guys in the VVMC). This is a crucial RESPECT step for new --or new to tha' area-- 3 piece clubs. Unknown to me at tha' time was tha' fact that tha' VVMC had a problem with tha' national MC I was gonna' work to establish in my area. As soon as that happened, I threw out any idea of proceeding out of respect for VVMC members. I didn't have to stop with my idea but "pop up" MC's which just "pop up" without any respect for the established MC's in an area have a hard time gettin' respect, simply because it's considered DISrespectful to just start up without any consideration for the established clubs in tha' area.
    "Recognized" 3 piece clubs typically belong to tha' Confederation of Clubs. The COC was established as a way to bring tha' different MC's together on neutral territory to keep everything cool and to work together. If'n the VMC you are thinkin' about joinin' is NOT a member of tha' COC, I would suggest findin' out why. It may be that tha' club doesn't want to affiliate with tha' COC or, worse, tha' COC has a problem with that club. Texas and tha' southwest states are hard places to "play" biker if'n ya' ask me. There's a lot in tha' mix right now and established OMC's (Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs) are finding themselves being challenged by other OMC's. Any 3 piece MC, even Veteran MC's, may find themselves having to align with the OMC if things get tight.
    In all honesty, if anything that I've written here is news to you, then in my humble opinion, you are not educated enough to jump into an MC, even if it's a VMC. There's TONS of info you need to be aware of so that you don't step on your dick. Respect is a KEY issue and if'n the MC or VMC you are lookin' into hasn't earned it from tha' other MC's in tha' area, you're best bet is to walk away, if'n ya' ask me. Sincerest Respects to tha' OMC's and MC's I have named and to tha' members on this Board.
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

http://www.squirtsbikerpage.com Squirts' Biker Page

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Thanks for adding that info Squirt, in short many of the points you brought up is why i am hanging around with the USMV MC now, they are welcome in every area they are in.

Dino

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    Sounds cool, brudda! =) Seems lotsa' fellers who ride these days are considerin' patchin' up with an MC. That's all and good as long as they are aware of the social hierarchy and commitment a true MC requires. Good luck to you and others on that journey. Respects, Squirts
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

http://www.squirtsbikerpage.com Squirts' Biker Page

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clark View Post
    Agreed, ElGuapo. Wasn't gonna' throw my 2 penny's worth in but, what tha' hey... Joinin' a 3 piece MC.....
    Really good info. Thanks for sharing.

Status
    I Served
    Served
    1993 to 2010

Near:
    Langley AFB
    http://www.rcvsmc.net/\

This is a great page for general information