Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox

Military Motorcycle clubs

OK have contacted some of the clubs listed on here and few found on net. Found some i think i would like to know more about but I ride a sport bike, and can not get membership simply because of that. I know about traditional MCs so i understand. My question is does anyone know of a club with traditional mindset, but allows any type of bikes?
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    I am not sure what "traditional mindset" is, but D_Wilson is in the Green Knights I believe and may be able to provide more info about them

Member  The First 100

Branch
    Vendor
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    2003 to Present

Near:
    Minot AFB
    Green Knights MMC is a fairly traditional mindset as far as By-laws and Positions in the Club, but is not a MC we are a Military Motorcycle Club and like to establish that difference. Though it's not fully understood yet. Check out; http://www.rcvsmc.net/, if you haven't already heard about it, it discusses "Traditional Mindset in MC's and RC's (again of which we are neither)" We also DO NOT get involved with CoC because one of there things is that they do not support Law Enforcement, Military is the biggest form of Law Enforcement in the World.

Member  The First 100

Branch
    Vendor
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    2003 to Present

Near:
    Minot AFB
    Oh yeah and Green Knights MMC is open to all motorcycle makes models and types. My Chapter is split right now about 50% Cruiser/Harley and 50% Sport Bike

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    The traditional mindset I am talking about is how you get in club. You earn the patch not buy it. You do have to hang around and make sure the fit is right for both parties, club and individual. And most importantly brotherhood and a lot of riding. I ride my bike, over 800 miles a month, I do not like just riding to bike night or a party. Thanks for the feedback, and the info. Like stated in other postings I do not care about the other stuff believe we fought for freedom and NO ONE should hinder how or who a vet rides with. The big thing is riding with liked minded folks that understand the esprit de corps we have in the military. Take care of each other on the line and now back home.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Update meeting a group from the US Miltary vets MC Sunday. They do accepts bikes as long as they are 750 or bigger. Will update my journey as it happens.

Dino

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1993 to 2002

Near:
    Hanscom AFB
    Good luck with your MC journey.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Thanks!!

Dino

Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1980 to 1997

Near:
    Fort Knox
    There is the American Legion Riders also who accept any type of Bike so long as it's I believe larger than 450, they do a lot of charitable rides to raise money for fallen veterans family's by raising money to put their children through college on a full ride scholarship this year the national chapter together totally raised 617,000 dollars give or take a few dollars.
    Then there is the Motorcycle Riders Club of America which hosts some pretty good rides, and the one I'm thinking about next july of 2011 is the two week ride to alaska from Florida to Alaska in two weeks to raise money for deaf kids.
    http://www.motorcycleridersclubofamerica.com/

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Well I promised updates, I met with a member of USMVMC, very nice guy. The club seems ok, but not sure yet. I know what I am looking for and feel I will get that feeling when it comes. I know what I am looking for so just haven’t found it yet.

Dino