Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson

What else do you do for fun?

We do the Jeep thing as a family. We have a pretty good sized jeep with lots of stuff done to it. Here is a video of myself, the wife and the two kids in the back of the jeep. We have built the jeep to be good offroad and also safe for the kids with the addition of a roll cage inside the roll bars that came on the jeep. We also have netting to help keep the kids hands inside, stuff from hitting them if we do roll over and we tie down all our gear. I guess the roll-over trainers did teach me a thing or two afterall.

Here is the vid. It is about 3 minutes long and there are two videos in it.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    looks like fun
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Junior Member  The First 100 Bayou Voodoo's Avatar

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to 1994

Near:
    Barksdale AFB
    Football! Well, watching it, anyway. Geaux Saints!!! And we have a nice little garden. I read anything that will sit still long enough. We also love to fish, and anything we can do that includes our three dogs. We love to travel, but that's limited by our lack of free time and lack of funds. lol

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    Football! Well, watching it, anyway. Geaux Saints!!! And we have a nice little garden. I read anything that will sit still long enough. We also love to fish, and anything we can do that includes our three dogs. We love to travel, but that's limited by our lack of free time and lack of funds. lol
    That link in your sig, is that all your ink? How long did the back tat take? They look good.

We tried the garden thing, but it is too darn dry in central Texas. We have never been successful with a garden no matter where we lived. We did manage to grow one strawberry while living in Belgium.

Member  The First 100

Branch
    Vendor
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    2003 to Present

Near:
    Minot AFB
    I'm pretty lame I guess.... Motorcycles are my only hobby these days.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to 1994

Near:
    Barksdale AFB
    Quote Originally Posted by koh View Post
    That link in your sig, is that all your ink? How long did the back tat take? They look good.

We tried the garden thing, but it is too darn dry in central Texas. We have never been successful with a garden no matter where we lived. We did manage to grow one strawberry while living in Belgium.
    Sorry for the late reply....my future mother-in-law suffered a stroke and we've been super busy trying to get her all squared away with rehab and such. Never enough hours in the day....lol.

All the ink shown is indeed mine. The backpiece took about two years overall, as I was working my way through college then and didn't have a lot of extra money or time. I have more planned, but that'll have to wait for now. :-)

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Im with Bayou, tattoos, working on customizing my bike, computers/webstes, guns, and working out/martial arts are my other hobbies.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1985 to 1993

Near:
    Scott AFB
    D_Wilson, I'm with ya. =) I'm pretty much a one hobby guy. I eat, think, and shit all things "biker". If'n I can't ride, then I'm either on the net readin' about it or workin' on my site (about bikes, of course). I guess a secondary hobby would be keepin' my snakes (2 corns, 3 royal pythons). Cats and a wife round out my life. =)
    corns1.jpg Cornsnakes (Sherbet & Jake)
    Pro Deo ~ Pro Patria
    "For God ~ For Country"

They call me....
    >>>Squirts<<<

http://www.squirtsbikerpage.com Squirts' Biker Page

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to 1994

Near:
    Barksdale AFB
    Quote Originally Posted by koh View Post

Our garden is doing pretty well, overall. We're just kind of experimenting with fall/winter veggies, trying to see if the soil would support what we wanted to grow. We'll supplement for the spring planting when the time comes. For now we have lettuce, squash, spinach, greens, string beans, kale, swiss chard, onions, carrots and radishes. I also had cukes planted but they all died. No clue why. Everything else is hearty and growing like mad.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Well today for "fun" i am stuck at drill weekend, our commander makes us full time guys come in on drill weekends. oh the fun!!!

Dino