Vendor
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    2003 to Present

Near:
    Minot AFB

Proper display of Patches on Vests.....

This one is somewhat for my own better understanding.....

I am trying to solve the "Patch" Etiquette mystery, Not Club Colors as that is based upon individual clubs, rather the other 100's of patches we place on our vests like our tattoos.

1) American Flag Patch- Does it go on the "Right" or "Left" Shoulder? My understanding is it can go on any shoulder as long as the Union is facing center towards the Heart.

2) POW/MIA Shields- I have heard that the Shield does not go under the American Flag but can go on the Opposite shoulder. A POW/MIA Flag however can be placed below the American Flag.

3)State Patches- Go directly under the American Flag

4) PGR Patches- Go either on opposite shoulder or below the above listed patches

5) Pins- should go below all organizational patches unless they are a organizational pin then they can go above or beside other organizational patches

6) "My Bike ate my checkbook"-Funny, saying, Political type patches can go either on the side of the vest or behind but never in the front

The above are only of my current understanding of proper Motorcycle Vest Patch Placements, please contribute to my list so everyone who reads this can have a better understanding and won't be showing disrespect in anyway when placing patches.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    i think you pretty much have the standards, however a lot of it depends on the individual and also on club bylaws. i was in one group that put the american flag on lower left corner of vest in back.
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino

Senior Member  The First 100 S.E.R.E.'s Avatar

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Retired
    Served
    1967 to 1988

Near:
    Camp Pendleton

USAF Patches

I do not believe there is a formal "national" method of putting on patches other then the general rules you've already posted. I also would not want to see a "formalization" of such. The freedom to make your vest or jacket unique would be lost.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1988 to Present

Near:
    Fort Knox
    Amen S.E.R.E. this falls in line with my earlier statement about the freedom from those clubs that want to control everyone. we fought for these freedoms damn sure not gonna let someone else take em.

prosapia , amicitia , licentia , is ego mos vallo
    family, friends, freedom, this I will defend
    " There is no excuse to go about your business in a half-hearted way. We are only alive for a finite number of days, and we're poorer for every hour that we spend in soft-hearted pursuits."

Dino