Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson

Think! Look twice for motorcycles

I know this is aimed at cages (and not filmed in the U.S.), but thought that it was interesting how the motorcycle was barely visible with a quick glance by the driver. Makes you think twice the next time you go flying through an intersection..... Maybe you were not seen by the driver.

Here is the U.S. Version. both are pretty good videos.

Last edited by TX Wide Glide; 10-10-2010 at 00:42.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1982 to 1988

Near:
    Eglin AFB
    It's bad enough trying to enjoy a ride without the worry of being hit when playing it safe and following the rules; we should avoid stupid mistakes that make it dangerous when riding; like speeding through residential areas, not fully stopping at red lights and stop signs, trying to beat the yellow light, riding in car drivers blind spot (I have witnessed many a near miss because of this one). As a rule of thumb, if you can not see the driver of a vehicle they can not see you.

Play it safe and enjoy the ride.................
    Juan C Fernandez
    USAF 1982 - 1988
    Hooyah

The man with the plan  The First 100 TX Wide Glide's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    I am Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Near:
    Fort Richardson
    I just noticed that in the video when the bike is about to hit the car, the speedometer is showing less than 10 miles an hour. It does get the point across though and I have yet to see ads like this air in the states. I think it is a reminder.

When I was stationed in Belgium, we had an MP coming to work at night and he was sitting in a turn lane to make a left turn across two lanes of traffic to enter the base. He looked at the traffic that was oncoming and knew he had enough time to cross without them being too close. What he did not see was the drunk motorcycle rider moving like 150 plus MPH go around the cars and as he made the turn the bike smacked into his car spinning the car around a few times and throwing the motorcycle rider down the road. He hit the car at the top of a hill and the local police said they found the motorcycle rider more than a hundred meters down the road. The motorcycle rider was a local that had been drinking, was speeding and after my co-worker looked to make sure he could make the turn, the motorcycle which was hidden behind the cars decided that he was going to pass the slow moving cars (which were probably going the speed limit).

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    I Served
    Served
    1982 to 1988

Near:
    Eglin AFB
    Koh

Reminds me of a story that happened just last year on christmas eve; on the way back home from my my parent's home, where we had dinner, I came to a red traffic light; behind me was a stopped vehicle and behind it another stopped vehicle; All of a sudden we heard this loud crash. We all got out of our cars to see what had happened and at first glance, we didn't see anything; there was no damage to any of the vehicles; then smoke started to bellow out from under the vehicle at the rear of the line of cars that were stopped at the stop light. When we looked under the car, a rider on a GXSR had lost control of the bike and wound up underneath the bottom of the SUV; we pulled the rider out from under the vehicle; then moved the vehicle forword so as to be able to get the bike out of the way; the rider was very unconciuos and smelled like liquor; when paramedics arrived they analyzed him and confirmed that he had been drinking; apparently he skidded / slid the bike to try to stop it so as to avoid crashing directly into the rear of the SUV.

Needless to say it's a christmas I won't soon forget.........
    Juan C Fernandez
    USAF 1982 - 1988
    Hooyah